Summer is marching steadily towards us, and you may already be wondering how high the air conditioning bill will go this year. However, you don’t have to worry as much when your system is well-maintained and tuned up. Here are some steps suggested by Indoor Comfort Services to ensure that your air conditioner is in top condition and ready for the hot weather of summer.
New Filters Work Wonders
We recommend replacing air filters every month, but we understand that it’s easy to forget. However, it’s vital that you check your filter now and install a clean one if necessary. This simple step will help you avoid costly air conditioner repair by ensuring steady airflow through the unit and by keeping dirt and dust out of the system.
Clean the Compressor
Cleaning the outside compressor is another easy part of air conditioner maintenance that you may be able to handle.
- For safety, turn off the power at the outdoor switch or the main breaker before you clean the exterior unit.
- Start by removing any debris, leaves, or even landscaping that is within two feet of the unit.
- Next, clean the compressor by vacuuming the exterior of the unit.
- Use an upholstery attachment to clean between the fins.
- Remove the top cover and lift it out of place to clean out any leaves or twigs that have blown into the unit.
- Using a garden hose with low pressure, rinse the dust and dirt off the coils before replacing the top cover.
Call your Sacramento air conditioning to schedule an annual tune-up. Our experienced technicians will tighten any loose connections, inspect parts for damage, lubricate the fans and motors, and check the coolant levels.
Tune-ups are an affordable service that ensures your air conditioner is running efficiently, and can even prolong the life of your system. If you aren’t comfortable cleaning the outside unit, you can have this done as part of the annual inspection and tune-up.
Schedule Your Inspections
Make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer heat by taking these easy steps. Your air conditioner will maintain its higher efficiency levels, and you will enjoy cool comfort inside the home. Call Indoor Comfort Services at 916-993-3510 to schedule your annual tune-up and inspection.